Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Day Before the Day After Tomorrow



So I leave tomorrow. I have to wake up at 3:50 tomorrow, so this will probably be rushed. If you can't tell, I'm kind of blog-stupid and am having issues with the pictures. I'll work on that.

Some vital statistics:

  • 5"10 1/2
  • 181 lbs. according to my sister's WiiFit

I'm guessing at least one of those will change.


Having never left the country before, much less for six months, I faced quite a few difficulties in packing. Obviously the biggest challenge was narrowing down which shoes I was going to bring. I have about six pairs of shoes that I wear on a regular basis (and we wonder why the rest of the world thinks we're wasteful), so I had some tough decesions to make. The have-to-take's: one of pair of tennis shoes, running shoes (you can laugh, but I haven't had any shin splints since making the change to customized shoes; I'm a believer), and black shoes for teaching. The maybe's: Toms, Chackos, Rainbows, and any other pair of tennis shoes. Times like these are when I realize just how terrible a person I am.



Unfortunately, I had a major incident of bad karma today, which will be fantastic before I fly for 15 hours. I'll go ahead and apologize now to any of the passengers on board my flight. If we crash, well, my bad. I feel like the second post is way too early to apologize for not writing more (lame), but I never guaranteed that this blog would be interesting all of the time...or even most of the time. Right now I have an essay on Ricky Rubio, Hasheem Thabeet, and Postcolonialism in the works, depending on how the whole travel thing works, I'm going to optimistically shoot for early next week. If I don't post it, it probably means that I'm dead or I don't have internet. Take your pick.


The most important item I packed:



It's entirely possible that I love my Kindle more than I love my family.

1 comment:

  1. Ok so do you know they now have a kindle with international wireless. Don't you wish you had that?

    ReplyDelete